Saturday, January 22, 2011

Resolution for the New Year

I realize that I may be a little behind the ball regarding my New Year's Resolution, however this is one that will knock your socks off!! I have decided that when people give me a gift, or I buy items from, lets say Tastefully Simple, that I will USE them ASAP. Or very soon after purchasing them.
I am one that will 'save' things. I prefer to not use the word 'hoard' as I do eventually get around to using an item....just make be a lenghy wait. But this year I have decided that I will begin using items soon after receiving them. For instance, my mother in law gave me a soap & lotion set for Christmas....the 'old' Nicole would have put it in the bathroom closet to 'save' for a later date. Now the 'new' Nicole opened it right away and it is currently on the bathroom sink getting used.
Now you may be thinking 'why would you save things'. I have NO idea why I think of saving things for a later date. Maybe thinking I could use it when there is nothing else to use at the time?? I am really not sure, but one thing is for sure, I am notorious for doing this. This year it will all change as it should be interesting to see how well I can keep this resolution up!

No comments:

Post a Comment