Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Weekend in Florida




Chloee and I have spent the weekend in sunny, hot & humid Orlando FL! All thanks to my brothers company who was celebrating their 20 yrs of operation. Chloee and I headed to Chicago (Romeoville) on Thursday night. I had to call my brother (Ryan) out of his class at North Central (he is going for his Master's) to say that his garage door keypad was not opening. He came home and for some reason it really was not working, however I did feel bad for him missing class.

Our flight was early on Friday morning. We where up at 4:45AM, which is really no difference for me during the week anyway. Our driver came at 5:30AM and Chloee did not want to get in the car. She is a smart little bug, she wanted/needed her car seat!! I mean really?!! How do you respond to that? Ryan did get her in the car and she would not speak to me. Our flight left Chicago at 8AM and we landed in Orlando at noon(EST). Chloee did really well flying as this was her first time on a plane.

Once we arrived at the hotel (Disney's Beach & Yacht Club) Chloee wanted to swim. So we took a dip in the pool. That evening, Ryan & I attended the awards banquet and meal. Ryan received his 5 yr award and we ate a very good dinner and desert!!

Saturday after breakfast we headed to the Magic Kingdom! Spend aprox. 6 hrs there in the heat. There is just so much to see and do that I think it was very overwhelming for Chloee and with the humidity, that just wipes you out anyway. That evening Ryan and I had desert and wine at Epcot again thanks to RQA! Attempted to watch the fireworks and laser light show, and it poured rain. A few of us where lucky enough to grab a rain pouncho, and by that time it was still fun even getting wet.

Both Friday and Saturday nights we had a sitter from Kids Night Out company come to the hotel room to entertain Chloee and Sofia. Sofia's dad works with Ryan and we split the amount to have a few hours without the kids since these events where adults only.

Sunday we re-packed our bags, did a little shopping, and then it was time for us to say 'Good Bye' to FL as we headed back to the airport to catch our 4:10 flight back.

It was a super fun time, busy and exhausting. I am sure we all enjoyed our time, wished we could have stayed a little longer but a HUGE thanks goes to my brother Ryan who asked Chloee and myself to come along and be part of his companies celebration.

1 comment:

  1. I love the part about how Chloee would not get into the taxi without a car seat. Too funny!!! So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete